Tuesday, February 07, 2006

No really, I do have a life

It just occured to me that not only have I been very neglectful of the blog lately, but everytime I do post it's about the ongoing saga of Mr. M. No wonder there are only three of you who still read this thing. For the love of god I'm boring myself!

Outside of the usual crap I write about, life is going pretty well. This past weekend I spent a good portion of my time reacquainting myself with the couch. The combination of early days and late nights really tookl its toll last week and by the time Friday rolled around I was ready for a good night in. With both of the room mates at work I had the house all to myself so I made good use of the peace and quiet, taking the opportunity to catch up on movies and tv shows I had recorded. It was heaven. Just me, the remote, the dog and a bottle of Bailey's. Eventually I dragged myself up to my own bed around 12ish only to sleep in until 11 Saturday morning.

Such an exciting life I do lead.

Saturday was another day of my butt planted on the couch. There were more movies to watch and a certain men's college basketball team to cheer on to victory (honestly I think they're trying to give me a heart attack this season). I've been participating in a women's hockey clinic at the rink near my house. It's really more for beginners (I've been playing for 4 years) but it's good in that I get more ice time and get to practice my stopping (for some reason I have issues with doing a proper hockey stop on my right side). The clinic was enough motivation for me to finally get out of my PJ's around 4 p.m., take a shower and grab something to eat.

It's almost like the college version of myself travelled ahead in time and took over my body.

Just putzing around on the couch all weekend is not like me.

Usually my weekends are spent trying to get things done like laundry, dishes, errands, etc. Very rarely do I get time to actually relax. But I decided with the new job gearing up in two weeks (training starts Feb. 22) the me time is going to be even harder to find. So for now, I'm taking the me time as much as possible.

Tonight I'll have the house to myself again. On the agenda, after I take the dog
for a walk and room mate #2 to hockey practice, is a nice foot treatment a la The Body Shop. Then maybe I'll treat my hands to a nice rub down thanks to Mary Kay. And of course, there's always time for my eye gel mask.

This precious alone time doesn't happen often and I intend to make the most of it. Something tells me that this weekend is going to be one hell of a ride and I don't want to take any stress into it.

God only knows the opportunity for more is just an eight hour road trip away.

No comments: