Thursday, March 02, 2006

Frog in a blender

Life has gotten unbelieveably busy in the last week and a half.

Tuesday was opening night at the restaurant. You would have thought we were giving stuff away. People were lined up at the door at 3:30. The doors weren't unlocked until 4. At one point we were on a 3 hour wait. I wanted to yell to all of the people crowding the lobby that the food really isn't all that great (it's o.k., don't get me wrong) and maybe instead of asking us every five minutes how much longer they have, they go away and come back in a month.

But that wouldn't have gone over quite so well and I need the money.

It was almost 10:30 by the time I left and just about 11:30 by the time I crawled into bed. At best I had fitful sleep which made the alarm clock my instant enemy when it started screaming at me around 5:30 a.m. yesterday morning. I was so tired I didn't even bother with my contacts. Or makeup. Or breakfast at home. Most of my time at the full-time was spent staring off into space or trying to figure out how I could sneak a nap in without anyone finding out.

My head hit the pillow around 9:30 last night. I don't think I've ever gone to bed that early unless I was sick or there was the promise of some extra-curricular activies under the sheets.

When I picked up this job I knew I'd have to get back into a schedule that involved me being sleep deprived. It's not like this is my first time with two jobs. The problem lies in the fact that I quit The Lobster back in August last year, and now my brain and body have forgotten what it feels like.

Kind of like when I go for so long without sex.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you said sex

heh heh heh