Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Weekend by the numbers

2-1/2 or 60 = number of beers in cases (first number) and bottles that my friends and I drank from Friday to Sunday.

6 = total number of people in attendence at this year's cabin extravaganza

3 = games of drunken Trivia Pursuit (the guys got lucky)

5 = different types of alcohol bottles, beyond the beer, we killed over the weekend. I heart Malibu Rum, Blue Curacao, Sky Vodka, Baily's Irish Cream and Jose.

2 = very resourceful people *ahem* who won the scavenger hunt with the massive bag of candy for a prize

1 = ghost of Tar

3 = Extra large pizza's consumed in one night while playing 3 man and asshole in tournament form

5 = very hungover people Sunday...I, surprisingly enough, was not hungover at all. I rock.

4+1 = As in four very old friends and one new (Leslie's BF Geoff) making more memories and realizing just how lucky we are to have each other.

Another successful weekend concluded at friend Leslie's parent's cabin, The Rice Paddy. There was way too much drinking, a lot of laughter and many, many, many games of asshole played from Friday to Sunday. These weekends started out as a whim a long time ago while we were all just getting out of college and now, well, for me at least they are the high point of my summer.

Next year promises to be bigger and better with the addition of a 1/2 keg, The Ersigs (my friends Anne and Nate) and a much improved scavenger hunt...which I'm sure Deb and I will win anyway.

No comments: