Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Over the counter and under the covers

Generally, I don't get too personal on this blog. You all are kept, for lack of a better term, at an arm's length. Not that I don't love you all...all three of you that still read this thing, it's just that somethings, I've learned, need to be kept on the down low.

The incident from Monday however, was something that I needed to get off my chest, because, well, there is more to the story.

To put it politely, there was an equipment malfunction during the later part of the incident.

Panic, on both our parts, ensued.

And I did something I never in a million years thought I would need to do (because I've been off birth control for about a year). I stopped at a drug store and bought Plan B. For those that don't know what I'm talking about, it also goes by the name Morning After pill. He suggested it and I wholheartedly concurred because, let me tell you, at this stage of the game I am in no way, shape or form ready to have a little version of me. Maybe someday but I am still too unsettled. It wouldn't be fair to him, me or any potential me's.

The pill is surprisingly easy to purchase, if you're over the age of 18. No script needed. You just need to ask the pharmacists, who much to my relief, was a woman. All she did was check my age and that was that. I was still shaking a little when I got home. Who knew if this was actually going to work? According to the literature with it, as long as you take the two pill dose within a 72 hour window, you should be o.k. I held the first little pill in my hand and took it. The other was taken this morning. And my mood swings have been off the freaking charts since.

He texted me all day yesterday. I responded once or twice, just to reassure that yes, I was going to the drugstore after work and then yes, I had taken it.

Regrets? Some. More about the actions before than after. L (who I always run to in a crisis because she's a good friend like that) asked if it was a hit and run situation. I told her I didn't know. Probably. And the thing is if it was, I wouldn't be all that upset about it.

1 comment:

The Dummy said...

Wow, that must've made the nerves go haywire. I think a lot of people could relate to close calls (I read your most recent post and tracked back). Good to hear you're in the clear.