Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Yes Virginia, there really is a 21st Century.

So, as a birthday present to myself (because really, at this stage of the game, if I wait for someone else to buy it for me it will never happen) I entered the digital age and FINALLY went out and bought myself a digital camera.



It's nothing fancy. Just a little something to make sure I capture my soon to be here niece's every move and other various antics I witness everyday with two male room mates. Oh and whatever else catches my fancy so in honor of my new camera (and recent addition to the Flickr family) here are a few shots of my recent attempt to get into the holiday spirit. So far it had been eluding me but tonigh I came home, put on my lounging clothes, turned off the television and baked to my little heart's content.



And this, my darlings is the result. Spiced Applesauce Muffins. I'm not sure where I got the recipe. It's not a family tradition but somewhere along the way I inherited it and now these little puppies are a baking staple. Email me if you'd like the recipe, it's quick and easy, kind of like how I like my break-ups.





Batter...mmmmmm. Tastes better than it looks.


I heart baking. The most relaxing thing I know is putting on some music, getting all of my ingrediants and going to town. Too bad I don't have a boyfriend to finish off all of the goodies...



No comments: