Sunday, December 17, 2006

Rattling like a marble in a coffee can

Another Sunday and I'm stuck at the full time. One of my co-workers departed about a week ago for a better paying job that would actually allow her to be off on the weekends. So now, here I am, getting a crapload of overtime (nice on the paycheck) and sitting in front of a computer with way too much time on my hands.

The extra time is leaving me with too much opportunity to think. Mostly about the ongoing situation with the guy. The entire thing has been weighing heavily on my mind for various reasons not the least of which is the idea that I'm not really all that into this guy. After a conversation with Work Friend A the other day in which she said "You just can't force it. If it's not there, it's not there", I have been mulling the entire situation over more and more. We don't get together as much as we used to. Heck, we don't even try anymore. Text messages and phone calls are at a minimum. And I just can't help be think there's got to be something better out there.

He's a great guy, and maybe under different circumstances I would be happy to be with him, but in all honesty, we just don't click romantically. At least not yet. To go back to something I said a long time ago, the flutters just aren't there.

And if that's not there, then we're better off just being friends.

I didn't want to have this conversation with him this close to the holidays, especially since I know how down he is about being alone this time of the year. But for both of our sakes, it needs to happen soon. Which is why I sent him a message today You don't want to do this anymore, do you?

He hasn't answered me yet. I almost don't expect him to. That's one area where we are alike, if you ignore something, it will go away. I don't want to leave it hanging though. It's not fair to either of us to leave it hanging like the last little pathetic leaf of fall.

With that being said, I'm going to leave you with this clip from my all time 100% favorite Christmas Movie, "White Christmas". Little Sis and I took in a matinee showing at our town's old style movie theater yesterday and this number always gets to me. Enjoy and if you haven't seen the movie in it's entirety, run out there and rent it.

No comments: