Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Neglectful Nellie

I have been very neglectful of this blog lately. Call it a function of the increased business of my life or just pure laziness, but the posts haven't been quite as insightful and up to snuff as usual. Then again, I don't know if they've ever qualified as insightful and up to snuff. But that's just me.

So indulge me, if you will, while I update the three of you who still read this thing on what I've been up to.

St. Patrick's turned out to be a pretty good time. Despite the almost 10" of snow we received, the roads were pretty well cleared off (way to get your act together at the last minute PENNDOT. Jeez. Only took you four major snowstorms to figure out how to handle the stuff.). At least enough for J and I to head into one of our favorite watering holes for Green Eggs & Kegs. Nothing like a shot of Jameson's and a Guiness at 8 a.m. It
went along great with the green egg, bacon sandwich offered as part of the breakfast menu. We hung out, had a few more beers then headed off to the local Irish pub, which had opened at 7 a.m. that day.

That was where things turned ugly with a capital I-R-I-S-H C-A-R-B-O-M-B. More for J than myself. I knew I had to maintain some semblence of sobriety as I still had indoor practice and it would not have looked good if I had showed up lit out of my mind. So I sipped at a Magner's Hard Cider while he downed four carbombs, another shot of whiskey, and I think one and a half pints of Guiness. In about an hour. Needless to say, someone didn't make it to work at noon like he should have.

The rest of my day was spent with the kids. Without getting too much into it we were screwed over, royally at the competition, taking 4th out of 5 instead of the 1st place that was deserved. It was the best show they had put out all season and they were not recognized for it. That was the most upsetting thing to me. We are two weeks...no, one week, away from Championships and my kids are so demoralized I don't know what to do. We're going to discuss at practice and move on from there. Next week, Matt is gung-ho with us coming out with both barrells blazing.

On the man front, I'm back to hanging out with J again. He really is a good friend and now I realize it's for the best that we stay that way. I was just having a "oh my gosh I'm 31, still single and will never find anyone for the rest of my life" panic attack. After some good conversation with Deb, Lyzz and Abbey, I realized that's not always going to be the case. TBD is back in the picture and we're really developing a good friendship this time around. He calls me more now than when we were actually "dating", which is refreshing. I truly do enjoy his company and for now, I'm just taking things as they are.

TBD has lost a lot of weight (almost 60lbs!) but not his personality, which is wonderful. In fact, seeing his devotion to being healthy has spurred me to make some much needed changes. I'm not losing as fast as he is, but I've dropped about 10lbs so far and I'm making a conscious effort to exercise and eat better. He wants me to go shopping with him for new clothes sometime soon. I was a little shocked when he extended the invitation, but I think it will be fun. And, duh, who doesn't want to go shopping for new spring clothes when the weather is as nice as it is?

Otherwise, not much else is going on. There will probably be a change in the part-time job coming soon (fingers are crossed until I hear something firm). Rylee is getting bigger and bigger everyday. Can't call her Peanut anymore, as she's now 11lbs and 22.5" long at 2 months old. I have some pictures to post, but haven't gotten around to updating the Flickr site yet.

So that's that. Life is moving on and I'm actually excited about Spring...new beginnings and all.

No comments: