Thursday, June 25, 2009

Good bye old friend



Yesterday I had to do one of the hardest things I've ever had to do in my life, say good bye to the one living thing who has always loved me unconditionally and always was there for me. The sickness was just too much and at his age (he was a ripe old 11-1/2) the prognosis was not good for him getting any better. It hurt to see him struggling for breath, the look on his face was just heart breaking. So I signed the papers. And with room mate with me we went into the room to say good bye. I broke down right away when I walked in. To see my poor dog laying on the table was just, more than I thought I could handle. But I stayed. I whispered in his ear about how good of a dog he is, that we'll all miss him and how much I loved him. I thanked him for the 11 wonderful all be it sometimes trying years that he gave our family.

And then just like that, he was gone.


So long my Wojy boy. I'll never have another dog like you.

No comments: