Monday, June 22, 2009

Lazy, crazy Summer? Not so much

Seriously, is it June 22nd already?! Guh. Summertime really did wait to get to Pennsyltucky until today. It's been nothing but rain and temps in the 60s for the last week or so. I swear I think one of my friends has started building an ark in her backyard. Kind of appropriate considering she lives in Bethlehem (PA that is).

But I digress.

I have much on my mind right now but not anything that's on organized thought. Band is rolling along to band camp in August. Woo hoo. My enthusiasm meter is going up a little more which needed to happen in order for me to get through the upcoming season. Otherwise it would have been melt down city, population one until November. And heaven only knows poor Will would have bore the brunt of it too. But my attitude is getting better after a good practice last week and many conversations with other guard types.

The search for gainful employment in the area we're moving to is going strong. I've been able to keep to my goal of applying for at least 2 jobs a week, sometimes more. It's discouraging though. And I'm not exactly in NEED of a new job. Gives me new appreciation for those that have been searching for many more months than I have. I really want to have something lined up before September when we're hoping to move but at the rate I'm going, I'm not so sure that's going to happen. Sigh. It sucks but I guess the back up plans might need to go into effect. My biggest fear in all of this is that I won't be able to hold up my half financially. Will has been great in calming my fears. It's hard though, when you've been relying on yourself for so many years, to suddenly find someone willing to shoulder part of the burden and actually GIVE them some of it too. Guess I've gotten too independent for my own good.

No comments: