Sunday, July 26, 2009

In other non-important news

It's been a month since my last post and I'm not necessarily sorry about that. Not that there are many people reading this thing anymore outside of Will (hi honey!) and maybe a few others who are not giving up on me. I thank all of you for hanging around and waiting to see what happens next because, to be honest, I'm doing the same thing.

Work wise things are, to put it into a word I know well, crazy. We may not be busy per say but we were informed just last week that the company that owns us is adding ANOTHER newspaper's worth of obituaries to us. We already do them for three other papers. The stress level went through the roof between my co-workers and I and that was just with the announcement. We're supposed to fully take over this coming Tuesday for Wednesday's edition. It's involved more meetings than I've ever had in the 11 years I've been there. The worst part isn't that we can't handle it (we can, it will take some getting used to, but the three of us are capable of adapting) it's that our bosses don't know anything about our job and therefore have no clue what to do about the transition. More than once this week I've said that I wished we were our own department.

The move is still going to happen, although I'm not sure when. My incredibly wonderful other half is still searching for a better fitting school district in PA. I thought he had it last week when he interviewed for a brand new position in a school district outside of Philly, but unfortunately he didn't get a call for the second round. I feel so bad for him because I know how bad he wants, no make that NEEDS to get out of where he is now. He's a good teacher and I think that if these other people can't see that then it's their loss. Something will come along that will be a better fit, but until then, we're back to the original plan with him staying where he is, and us finding something here in PA but still within decent driving distance of the schools he teaches at. For me, I'm not sure what this is going to mean. It all depends on where we look for places to live. One option would have me staying at my current job and commuting about 45 minutes to work. Another is us moving far enough away that I will need to leave the newspaper and find something new. I've been job searching since April (just in case) and haven't found bupkiss. No phone calls. No interviews. No, I take that back, I've had a few phone calls and emails but they've been from insurance companies. No offense to anyone who works in the industry but I just don't think I could do that. So my search continues too.

There are other issues and people orbiting around the main topics of discussion. Band season is starting with it's own set of stresses and problems. Little sis is due at the end of September. She's been such a trooper during this whole time Bro-in-law has been deployed but I can tell it's starting to wear her down. Being 7-1/2 months pregnant with a 2-1/2 year old running around at the same time will wear a girl down. Will is at camp and I miss him horribly, worse I think than last year but that's my issue to deal with...and the move is exciting for me and scary at the same time. I love Will with all my heart and can't wait to be under one roof with him, the scariness for me is I'm afraid we'll make this move and he'll change his mind. That we'll start living together and he'll change his mind. He's told me time and time again that it won't happen that way, and I believe him to my core when he says he loves me and nothing is going to change that, but history is a harsh teacher. Any issues with this relationship are mine, not his. I've dropped my walls which in a sense have made me more vulnerable (witness a Sunday when I need to come home and start crying before I'm even five minutes away, seriously, I don't think I've cried this much ever in my life. I keep telling him it's his fault I'm an emotional crazy person now.). And made this relationship the best one I've ever had.

No comments: