Friday, September 04, 2009

Not quite dead yet

Has it really been that long since my last post? My how time flies when you're having fun. Or busy as a one legged man in a butt kicking contest. Around here either one would apply. Band season is in full swing which means my free time happens between 5 minutes and never. The season brings it's own list of stresses and headaches every year but this year they seemed to be magnified 5 million times. A big part of it is that I'm just not that into it anymore. I'm almost certain this will be my last year, but we'll see what happens after November 14th when the season ends.

I am also in rush trying to get packed for my move on Sept. 19th. After living almost my entire life in South Central Pennsyltucky I'm finally packing up and moving east with my wonderful other half. He was hired in a school district back here in PA so it only makes sense that we move closer to where he's teaching. I'm excited, nervous and not a little bit freaked out by the fact that I now must share closet space. I would be lying too if I didn't say that I was scared about my money situation with this move. Because of the distance, I'm not going to be able to keep my current job (the 2 hour commute, one way, would probably send my car to it's grave). So I've been looking. And looking. And looking some more. Too bad for me we're in a sucky economy right now and it's not exactly a good time to be looking for a job. Luckily for me though, my old manager from Cheeseburger In Paradise was relocated to the location that is only 30 minutes from where we're moving. I called them up and they are hiring me back, no questions asked. In fact, I'm only going to be getting the abbreviated version of the training which is a major bonus. I'm happy to have something, anything at this point but there is always that worry there that it's just not going to be enough. So I'm looking elsewhere at the same time, hoping that something better will come along.

In the meantime, here's a little something to entertain you. This flash mob happened about a month ago, right on the square here in the town I live in. It was to bring attention to the Governor's Awards for the Arts which will be held here in October I believe. The looks on the bystanders faces is classic, this kind of thing just doesn't happen here...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck Wendy. I really wish you all the best.

Hi from Will H. in Prague, Czech Republic.

Unknown said...

Hey Will! I'm glad to see you're still alive and doing well in Prague. Please do keep in touch, and tell me how life is living in the Czech Republic.