Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Annnd we're back

Despite the promise I made to post more often, I have been quite the slacker lately and for that my friends (all three of you that still bother to stop by) I apologize. Life has been a little crazy in the last couple of weeks, starting with the inundation of snow (between the two big storms we had here there was over 40" on the ground). I used to like snow. Really, I did. There was a time when I would get as giddy as a third grader waiting to be left out of school early at the sight of even one snow flake. And now, well, not so much. In fact the forecast for tomorrow is anywhere from 8-12" or 12-18", depending on which TV station you want to believe. I am SO not happy about that at all. I need to work, make some moolah, bring in the duckets...you get the idea, as rent is due next week and I DO NOT want to have Will make up the difference again for our total rent. He did it once this past fall and I refuse to let it happen again. Yeah, I'm stubborn like that.

Which leads me into the next big thing that ties into the impending SNOWMAGEDDON, I have a second round interview tomorrow. I'm very excited and very nervous about it as it would put me back to working in an office again with regular hours and a more reliable paycheck. All I'm going to say, since I don't want to jinx it or anything (hey, I'm half Irish, we're superstitious) is that I really, really, really, REALLY want this job. Really.

The other big excitement would be the addition of the Queen of the Castle, our recently adopted cat Katie. The Humane Society we adopted her from is three hours away so I drove down there, stayed with Will's grandparents (who I adore) then got her the next day and brought her home. If I didn't know any better I would have thought she KNEW I was there to get her that day because as soon as I walked in to the Humane Society, she walked right over to the cage door. Once the paperwork was squared away we were on our way home. Not ever having owned a cat, I wasn't sure what to expect on the ride home but she was very quiet, meowing only every now and then just to let me know she was in the back seat and when we got home, well, I opened the crate door and she made herself right at home. No hiding, no scratching, no hissing. She wouldn't leave my side and has stayed that way. She has definitely added to our home and I for one am glad we rescued her. She's definitely a people cat, always wanting to be with Will and I no matter where we are in the apartment and well, let's just say this dog person has definitely become a cat person too. Following are some gratuitous pictures of our girl Katie:

Who me?

She loves to sit on the couch right between us, especially if Will is on his laptop.

How can you say no to that face?

Second favorite spot, watching the world go by from the living room window. Just wait until the geese start flying by again...

Queen of the Castle, yes, this is where I belong.

1 comment:

kutekitten said...

Gorgeous cat and it is nice to know that you have become a cat person too :)...by the way I was just surfing came through your profile..thought I should comment on one!
I'm a cat person too..have a cat at home too :)