Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Good things come to those who wait

As stated numerous times on this blog, patience is not in my repertoire. Blame it on the Irish heritage, call it a character flaw or just plain stubbornness, I just don't have a lot of the p word. Never have and at this stage of the game, doubt I will. That being said, my patience and nerves have been worn thin this week, or I should say the last couple of weeks, as I've been going through the interview process for a job I really want. See the previous post for the amount of reallys that go along with that.

Today I got my answer which was a job offer. There are words that don't even DESCRIBE how relieved I am about that. Since we moved out here five months ago I've been working at a restaurant and while I'm grateful for the job, it just isn't what I want to be doing. The hours are crazy, the customers even crazier and I'm not even going to get into the roller coaster ride of the money I pull in. Seriously people, anything less than 15% is just unacceptable. Servers make $2.83 per hour. Yeah, that's what I said, $2.83 an hour. Sooooo, just remember that the next time you think $3 on a $40 check is acceptable.

But I've gotten off track.

This new job is everything my job at the restaurant isn't. Regular hours, regular income and more importantly, I'LL HAVE HEALTH INSURANCE AGAIN. WOO-HOO! There are still some formalities to go through with a drug test (no problem there) and a background check (don't remember anything that might be on there) then I start in April for 6 weeks of paid training.

Have I mentioned I'm excited about the whole health insurance thing?

No comments: