Monday, November 01, 2010

Lazy weekend, what?!

For the first time in so many months we actually had a quiet, nothing on the agenda weekend. It was so exciting I didn't know what to do with myself. I mean, a weekend with nothing to do?! Unheard of!

Friday night kicked off with chinese food and a movie. Oh, but not just any movie, oh no, SOMEONE *cough* Will*cough* had been wanting to see Jackass 3D. Yeah, that Jackass 3D. Now, I am as game for some slapstick as anyone but as you may have guessed I was less than thrilled about going to see Johnny Knoxville, Bam Margera and crew acting like a bunch of crazy 13 year olds. But, since we do things for the ones we love AND I had agreed to go if I was paid for I went. Truth be told, it had its funny moments...annnnd not so funny moments. The best though had to be the opening with some old friends from my college days. Oh the days of power hours and MTV late night...

Where was I? Oh yeah, the weekend. So after sleeping in Saturday morning to the unheard of time of 10:30 a.m., I finally got around to getting a new lamp for the living room which, shockingly enough means we can actually see more than 2 feet in front of us. It's like a whole new world opened up for $29 and two 100 watt bulbs. I think the cat is confused about whether it's day or night now. That is just how dark it was. But I digress. There was some cleaning accomplished and finally a Flyers game with my future brother in law, Sam, and his girlfriend. The game was o.k. (Flyers pounded, both literally and figuratively, the Islanders) but with the home team up by 5 goals in the third period, Will and I decided to beat the crowd out of the parking lot. We took off for Geno's and the second time out of many that the "wedding diet" (or my attempt to make myself not look like a marshmallow) was put on hold. The wiz wit's and birch beer hit the spot. So did the mocking of out of towners trying to order steak's properly. It makes for good entertainment for the locals. Really good entertainment.

Sunday was just...lazy. We slept in again and did some grocery shopping. I managed to read a little and enjoy some quiet time on the couch. The most disappointing part of the weekend was how few trick or treaters we saw. I bought two big bags of candy just for the night and we saw a grand total of seven. That's right, seven. So now we have a bowl of candy sitting on the coffee table. Mocking me. And I'm trying not to look it in the eye so I don't eat it. Because if you look it in the eye, then it's got you.

Candy's evil like that.

No comments: