Wednesday, November 09, 2011

This is all I'm going to say about it, and that's that

The big story in my neck of the woods is the news that is coming out of Penn State. I did not graduate from Penn State due to a number of reasons, the primary being that had I attended that school, I would probably still be there finishing my undergrad degree. The distractions I had at my own alma mater (Good old Shippensburg University) were enough. Ahem.

That being said, I still grew up loving Penn State football and spent many happy weekends there while I was in college because of a very good friend who was a student there. Some of my favorite memories of college revolve around road trips to Happy Valley and sitting out in the crazy weather for football games screaming my fool head off. Heck, JoePa is practically a god and the fact that he is going out this way hurts. A lot.

As I was reading a few things online about the scandal I found this well written post by an Ohio State fan. They've had their own share of scandals in the past and to me he sums it up perfectly.

An Open Letter From a Buckeye to a Nittany Lion.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'll be wearing my Penn State gear on Saturday and continue to have a love for ALL things Penn State because after all WE ARE...

No comments: