Tuesday, November 05, 2013

A Mess

Today I saw three different people announcing pregnancies on Facebook.

I'm beginning to REALLY hate Facebook.

Truly, I'm happy for all of the new mothers (a college friend had her third child yesterday) and newly pregnant friends. My immediate reaction is less than gracious though. Today I sat in the bathroom for five minutes and cried. I don't want to be like this, but I can't help it. I'm upset that it didn't work out for us. And yes, we've been cleared to start trying again. My doctor doesn't think I'm high risk yet. But I've started wondering what we will do if we get to that point. We can't afford IVF or any other fertility treatments. Someone asked me if we would adopt? I honestly don't have an answer for that because adoption is another pricey endeavor.

But as my dad says, "Let's cross that bridge when we get to it."

Life is otherwise rolling along. We're more settled in to the house and Chumley is on the mend, since it seems like our decision to move somewhere with a backyard has brought out an allergy/asthma issue that wasn't there before. Poor guy spent a few weeks sneezing and coughing like crazy until we got him on an antibiotic. Now he's back to his normal, grumpy, meowing at the top of his lungs self.

Work is...work. Lots of projects on my plate. On the plus side, I makes my day go faster.

This month started off on a positive note and I'm hoping that it keeps going that way. I can't handle any more downhill falls.

No comments: