Sunday, April 06, 2014

Yeah, about that

So, next time I talk about things getting better, remind me to keep my mouth shut.

Two weeks ago tomorrow I was in a car accident on the way to work. I honestly don't remember what happened. I was going to make a left turn and the next thing I knew I was head on with another car. It all happened so fast that no one had time to react. Luckily, no one was critically injured. I was in the hospital until Thursday, requiring surgery on my crushed right foot. From what I understand the gentleman in the other car had a similar injury. I'll be out of work until at least the end of May (pins won't come out for another three weeks at least). Sigh.

Even worse, while I was in the hospital, we lost our sweet Chumley. He was sick. And getting worse. And suffering. So we made the humane yet heart wrenching decision to say good bye. As I'm typing this the tears are streaming down my face. I miss his loud obnoxious meows at 6 am. I miss his cuddling up on the couch with me or begging to go outside. I miss his sweet face. I miss him.


So that is that. I'm going to tempt the universe and fate by saying things can only get better, and hopefully this time someone will make it happen. Because really, I can't handle much more bad.

No comments: