Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Snow days rock

We're in the midst of the first major snow event of the season. The way people are acting you would think the weather man was predicting the end of the world instead of just 3-6" of snow. Heaven help anyone who runs out of bread, milk, eggs or toilet paper in the greater South Central Pennsyltucky area.

Because, you know, if you're stuck in your house you might as well be able to make french toast.

The office is relatively quiet. Several of my coworkers have chosen to stay home and nobody has come through the front doors all morning. That's o.k. with me, because I'm itching to get out of here early to enjoy the fluffy white stuff. Right now I feel like an over rambunctious third grader waiting for the announcement that we are being sent home early because of the bad weather. If I could, I'd be standing with my face pressed up against the glass of the front door watching the snow accumulate.

Unfortunately, I work in a cubicle and must watch over the wall.

Sometimes I hate being a grown up.

J and I may get around to doing our V-day celebrating tonight, if he's release from work early. One of the quirky things about this area is people are freaked out by even the tiniest of flakes. Just mentioning the s-n-o-w word send people into a panic, so it could be a very quiet night at the restaurant if he sticks around. We'll probably discuss when he takes me to pick up my car later. Not that we had anything major planned. I'm not a big fan of V-day. I'm of the opinion that if you love someone, you should tell them year round, not just one day of the year. We had spoken about maybe catching a movie or just staying in and renting Casablanca (one of my all-time favorites). How that boy has gotten to the age he is without seeing it is beyond me.

For now though, it's still one day at a time. Mainly because I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop, him to find someone taller, prettier and younger. Because they almost always do.

No comments: