Sunday, June 03, 2007

Weekend Update, only without Jimmy Fallon
(This post is a little on the long side. This weekend was jam packed and I know I still didn't cover a large portion of it. Read at your own risk.)

Friday was a whirlwind of activity from the time I left work until I fell into bed at 4:30 a.m. Yeah, that's right, 4:30 a.m.

J showed up at my house at 5 to pick me up for Pirates of the Carribean: At Worlds End. We had made plans to go see it a week or two again. The original plan was to go to the Greek Food Festival beforehand, have our traditional gyros then head off to the movie. So much for the best laid plans and all that. J had a touch of a stomach bug so we wound up at Subway instead. The only commentary I'll give on the movie is that it was good, much better than Dead Man's Chest but I think it was a little longer than it should have been. They soooo, could have cut out about 45 minutes of that movie and it still would have been just as good.


Almost three hours later, I was on my way to the Hot Musician's last show with his band. Because the movie was as long as it was, I just barely got to the bar on time, but sweet barbara am I glad I did! The room was packed and I was afraid I'd be stuck in the back, unable to see the guys. I pushed my way toward the front bar, which just so happens to be right next to the stage. Right next to where Hot Musician is on stage. Yeah, I'm sneaky sometimes. The guys were just getting on to the stage as I situated myself at the bar with a Yuengling Lager in my hand. HM didn't see me at first then he turned to look around and caught my eye. Hot damn did that boy look hot...dark t-shirt, jeans, I could tell he was freshley shaved. Wow. He came over and gave me a hug.

"I'm glad you made it. Didn't think you were going to get here in time."

"Yeah, I know! Looks like I timed it just right."

He turned back to the stage to start the first set and just when they were starting, turned and winked at me. Swoon. The show was great. I have seen those guys play at all different kind of venues and let me tell you, that had to be the best show I have seen in a long time from them. I don't know if it was the energy in the room (which was amazing) or just the fact that they were playing together for the last time but something made them play like I have never heard them play before. After the first set, HM came off the stage to give me another hug.

"Are you sure you want a hug, I'm all sweaty." He started moving his arms from around my shoulders.

"Yes sweetie, I could care less." I took the initiative and threw my arms around him for a tight hug (heaven) and a small kiss on the cheek.

"You guys sound great, by the way."

"You think?"

"Hell yeah!" He laughed at that and moved in a little closer.

HM looked like he was about to say something else but instead told me he was heading outside for a little bit before the next set and moved away. He told me not to leave, he'd be back. By this time I was on cloud 9 so I think my reply was something along the lines of I wouldn't think of it.

The second set was just as good as the first, they played some covers and most of the their own stuff. Did at least one encore number and sent HM and the bassist off in fine fashion. As they were coming off of the stage I held back a little, let they're other adoring fans greet them and tell them how great they were. Once a few people cleared away from in front of the stage I stepped in.

"Hey, I need to get going, that was a wonderful show!"

"Yeah, it was pretty good."

I laughed. "Pretty good?! It was the best I've seen!"

"You heading out? Not going to stay and hang out?"

"No, I can't. I have another place I need to make an appearance. I'm glad I made it up here though."

"Me too."

At this point he bent down like he was going to hug me...and instead kissed me! I thought I was going to pass out. It was a nice kiss on the lips. Like I haven't been kissed in a long time. And I enjoyed every time stopping minute of it.

We broke apart, I wished him good luck and safe travels to Philly this week and I walked out the door. I don't know if anything more will happen with HM but if all I get is that kiss, that's enough for me. Beggers can't be choosers.

From the bar I high tailed it to Meat Fest with my fellow former co-workers where we drank, talked and of course, ate meat. Most of the grilling had been done before I arrived so I did more of the drinking and talking than anything else. I hung out at Meat Fest for about an hour then made my way over to the ice rink where Room Mate #2 was playing in a 24 hour hockey tournament. It was after 3 a.m. by the time I got there and the guys were looking a little ragged (as well they should have). I couldn't understand why all of the guys were looking at me when I walked in then I realized my, uh, "assets" were on full display. So much so that when I went in to the locker room to talk to Room Mate #2 he made a comment about not knowing I had a tatoo on my right chestal area (it's a daisy, my favorite flower). Eh, well, at least I gave the guys a small thrill for their night.

I finally crawled into bed around 4:30 a.m., tired but still wound up. Talk about your good nights.

Saturday was spent recovering from Friday then in the company of Kylie at another local bar. One of her favorite local bands was playing and she insisted I see them too. I'm glad I went. You can't beat a good night of hanging out with a good friend and listening to a great band. I didn't get to bed until almost 2:30 this morning. Let's just say this girl definitely does not rebound like she used to. This morning was rough.

And that's that. So to recap Pirates 3, o.k.; kiss from HM, HOT; Meat Fest, yummy; showing my "assests" at the hockey rink, enjoyable; new music, awesome; lack of sleep, not so good. All in all one of my best weekends in a long time.

No comments: